1. The committee on gender discrimination in the workplaces has highlighted Rainbow Company as a chief offender. Of the fifteen senior executives in the firm, only one is woman .And of the thirty junior executives, only five are female. Rainbow could best defend itself against the charges by showing that-
All job applicants who were rejected had fewer qualification than those accepted
The work pressure and long hours make jobs with the company unattractive to married woman.
They pay the same salary to senior men and senior men
Male and female executives at the same level have the same qualification.
2. Each blank in the following sentences indicates that something has been omitted. Consider the lettered words beneath the sentence and choose the word or set of words that best fits the whole sentence. The fear of ---- of the currencies of Switzerland and Germany has---- a widespread selling of both Swiss France and the Germany Mark.
a devaluation, effected
a deterioration, inhibited
a shortage, precipitated
an appreciation, encouraged
10. The sense of delayed gratification of working now for late pleasure has helped shape the economic behaviour of our society. However, that sense is no longer nurtured as consistently in our children as it once was. Foe example , it used to be a bit of patience to put together the toys come in whole. which of the following is an assumption made by the argument?
The toys in the cereal boxes have changed partly because the economic conditions of our society have improved
The influence of promotion of gimmicks has on the economic behaviour of our society over time
The toys that used to come in cereal boxes were put together by the same children who played with them .
Part of the pleasure of any toy lies in putting the toy together before playing with its
11. The number of people diagnosed with dengue fever ( which is contacted from the bite of an infected mosquito ) in Bangladesh this year is twice the number diagnosed last year . The authorities have concluded that measures to control the mosquito population have failed in the region. All of the following , if true , would cast doubt on the authorities' conclusion EXCEPT-
More case are now reported because of increased administrative efficiency
A more effective diagnostic test was introduced about nine month ago
The disease is prevalent only in some industrialised areas which have shown a dramatic increase in population due to migration
The incidents (number of cases per thousand) of malaria, also contacted from mosquito bites has increased
Islamic Republic of Somalia
Democratic Republic of Somalia
Federal Republic of Somalia
Republic of Somalia
January 11, 1972
April 7, 1973
December 16, 1972
It always lets the steam escape
High pressure crushes the hard covering of rice grains
It does not let the heat energy escape easily
High pressure raises the boiling point of water
just before last
21. Testifying before the parliament committee investigating charges that cigarette manufactures had manipulated nicotine levels in cigarettes in order consumers to their products, tobacco executives argued that cigarette smoking is not addictive. The primary reason they gave in support of this claim was that cigarette smoking not regulated by the Drug Administration. For the tobacco executives ' argument to be logically correct, which of the following must be assumed?
Substances that are not adjective are not regulated by the Drug Administration
The tobacco executives lied when they claimed that cigarette smoking was not adjective
Some adjective substances are not regulated by the Drug Administration.
Substances that are not regulated by the Drug Administration are not adjective.
22. Khan observes that if flight 409 is cancelled, then the manager could not possible arrive in the time for the meeting . But the flight was not cancelled. Therefore, Khan concludes, the manager will certainly be on time . Halima replies that even if Khan's premises are true, his argument is fallacious. And therefore, she adds, the manager will not arrive on time after all. Which of the following is the strongest thing that we can properly say about this discussion ?
Halima is mistaken in thinking Khan's argument to be fallacious, and so her own conclusion is unwarranted.
Halima is right about Khan's argument, but nevertheless her own conclusion is unwarranted
Since Halima is mistaken about Khan's argument , her own conclusion must be false.
Halima is right about Khan's argument, but nevertheless her own conclusion is false
23. Studies of fatal automobile accidents reveal that , in the majority of cases in which one occupant of an automobile is killed another survives, it is the passenger , not the driver , who is killed. It is ironic that the innocent passenger should suffer for the driver's carelessness, while the driver often suffers only minor injuries or none at all. Which of the following is an assumption underlying the reasoning in the passage above?
In most fatal automobile accidents , the driver of a car in which an occupant is killed is at fault .
Most deaths in fatal automobile accidents are suffered by occupants of cars rather then by pedestrians .
Auto safety experts should increase their efforts to provide protection for those in the passenger seats of automobiles
Automobile passengers sometimes play a contributing role in causing auto accidents
There is least demand for vegetables in the city area.
City dwellers purchase vegetables produced only in the city area
Vegetables are mostly a common item of every meal of a city dweller.
Abundantly produced rural vegetables are not allowed to sell in city area
Question 27, 28 and 29 are based on the following reading.In"Right on Time" courier service, during an autumn day, a courier has to deliver six packages- Hurricane, Torpedo, Cyclone, tornado, Typhoon and Thunder. He delivers no other packages, and no two packages are delivered at the time.the order in which the packages are delivered conforms to the following conditions:
- Hurricane is neither delivered first nor delivered last.
- Cyclone is delivered before Tornado
- Thunder is delivered after Tornado is delivered
- Typhoon and Cyclone are delivered in immediate succession, regardless of weather Typhoon or Cyclone is delivered first.
None of these
Cyclone is the first package delivered
Typhoon is the first package delivered
Hurricane is delivered after Torpedo is delivered
Tornado is the third package delivered